Dear Friends and Family, I wanted to introduce you to the The Book Fairies, a charity that is near to my heart. I recently learned that 1 in 4 children in the NY metropolitan area will grow up without learning how to read.
One of the main reasons for illiteracy is lack of books and reading materials. Children in poor neighborhoods do not have any books in their homes.
Too many underprivileged schools have bare libraries and bookshelves. How can these children pull themselves out of poverty if they can’t read? The Book Fairies is fighting illiteracy one book at a time. In five short years, we have provided almost 800,000 free books to more than 500 schools, hospitals, homeless shelters, soup kitchens and more. But we can’t do it alone.
Please Support this Campaign at
The Book Fairies needs our help to keep going and growing. My goal is to raise $2,500 for The Book Fairies by September 1st. Funds raised go directly towards their literacy-based programming to help children in need. They truly need our help to continue giving books to children living in poverty.
Please help support me, The Book Fairies and families in need across our area. Make your tax-deductible donation today. T
hank you for your support. Together, we can change children’s stories…one book at a time!
The Book Fairies Wish List
1. New and gently used books ages birth through adult
2. Board Members: Motivated people who would like to join a start up charity to help it reach its full potential
3. Corporate Sponsorships and Day of Volunteer Service
4. Donated Professional Support: Accounting, Lawyer, Graphic Designer
5. Celebrity Sponsor/Celebrity for a one-time book reading
6. E-Book Readers, Tablets, Laptops: Schools are in constant need of technology to increase their literacy skills and educational levels. Used items are acceptable too.
7. Raffle and Auction Donations